Gold Target Identified at Iron Lake

Vancouver, BC, May 23 2017, Eastfield Resources Ltd. ("Eastfield") (TSX-V: ETF) has initiated the 2017 field program at its Iron Lake mineral property located in south-central British Columbia 45 kilometers northeast of the community of 100 Mile House. Iron Lake is a copper, cobalt, gold and platinum group elements project encompassing an area of 8,035 hectares (19,854 acres) that covers a mafic to ultramafic intrusive body of probable early Jurassic age intruding a package of mafic to intermediate volcanic and related porphyritic intrusive rocks.

New claims were added to the project in 2015 and 2016 to cover an area where wide spread occurrences of gold and arsenic occur in volcanic and intrusive rocks. In 2016 ten kilometers of soil grid lines were completed in an area where historic work identified a gold arsenic association with select bedrock samples reaching 74.90 grams per tonne gold and soil samples reaching 12.00 grams per tonne gold. The 2016 work returned select rock samples grading up to 31.22 grams per tonne gold and soil anomalies up to 5,023 ppm arsenic with 1,213 ppb gold (with many samples with much lower values). Associated elements to gold-silver mineralization include lead, zinc, arsenic, antimony, bismuth and tellurium. Anomalous concentrations of these elements are widespread. A large area of pyritic monzonite to quartz monzonite appears to be the underlying bedrock to much of this area.

The current work program will entail detailed infill soil and rock sampling and hand trenching the gold target and prospecting and sampling an un-sampled geophysical target defined by a 2004 airborne geophysical survey in the adjacent magmatic sulfide target area where magmatic sulfides, both massive and disseminated, have been identified with appreciable values in copper, gold and platinum group metals and cobalt to 0.35%. in select samples.

In other news Rise Gold Corp. ("Rise") (TSX-V: RISE), formerly Rise Resources Inc., has dropped its option to complete a work program to earn an interest in the Indata copper-gold project located north of Fort St. James, BC. Eastfield retains a 91.2% interest in the Indata property with Imperial Metals Corporation ("Imperial") (TSX: III) owning the remaining 8.8% interest.

J.W. Morton, P. Geo.
President and CEO
Eastfield Resources Ltd.

Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.

About Eastfield Resources:

Eastfield Resources is a well-funded Canadian mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of large gold and copper deposits with several highly prospective projects in British Columbia and in Nevada. Eastfield owns a 100% interest in five mineral projects in British Columbia and one in the state of Nevada. The British Columbia projects are significant for copper with accessory precious metals while the Nevada project is specifically significant for gold and silver. Eastfield trades on the TSX Venture exchange under the symbol "ETF". For more information, please visit the company's website at

Subscribe to our Email List